7/16/2009

Pick of the week

Today, I want to present three of my latest bought/found items:

They are all coming from the Value Village in Ottawa, where I have been on one weekend for long hours and with all the colors and motifs they seem to celebrate and show the summer with flowers, colors and holiday dreams...


The first item is an already often washed and therefore nicely soft vintage fabric with an old fashioned flower print. I liked the delicate flowers and colors, which are not that shining any longer because of the previous washings.



The blue dress made it very fast from a found to a favorite piece.
The material looks like as if you could also make aprons out of it, but the cloth is just perfect for hot summer days. So, all small flowers come to me... :-)



The last item is a colorful candle holder, handmade from Mexico.
Normally I don't like to buy other peoples souvenirs in the thrift stores (I prefer buying it, when I'm in the country by myself) but I wasn't able to resist the hand painted flowers, the shining bright colors and the interesting form of this 2 $ item... and so it found its new place in the book shelf and hopefully my cats are not deciding that it is their latest toy... .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

Die Datenschutzerklärung befindet sich oben im Header.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails