5/17/2011

Leather necklace / Lederkette


When I found this broken leather medicine bag - necklace in the thrift store, I wasn’t so sure, if I should pick it up or not because I had to repair it. The leather looked pretty old, although it is probably not authentic native, but rather comes from a kit, which you can get at Michael’s. 


I finally took it, because I love working with leather. It might be always a headache getting a needle through leather, but in this case I didn’t need to stitch. 


I bought a stronger, new leather band and replaced the broken one. Then I started sewing beads on the front, just to see my cats in between trying to remove the beads again. 


Therefore I decided to plainly paint the pattern on it as it seemed to be more pet-friendly. I never painted on leather and therefore I’m still wondering how it will stand the test of time, but so far it looks good … :)


The outdoor pictures are from an area near South Burlington at and around Old Farm Road.

create avatar

While seeing all these old screws, I had to do something with them. First I made Adam and one week later, I added Eve... :) / Als ich diese alten rostigen Schrauben sah, wusste ich, daß ich etwas damit machen musste... also "erschuf" ich Adam und eine Woche später gesellte sich Eva dazu ... :) :


Als ich dieses reparaturbedürftige Leder-Medizin-Halsband im Second Hand Laden sah, war ich mir nicht so sicher, ob ich es mitnehmen sollte, denn ich musste es zuerst wiederherstellen. Das Leder sah schon recht alt aus, obwohl es wahrscheinlich nicht echten „indianischen“ Ursprungs ist, sondern wohl von einem Set herrührt, daß man im Bastelladen kaufen kann. Ich nahm es letztlich doch mit, da ich gerne mit Leder arbeite. Es ist zwar immer ein Krampf, eine Nadel durch Leder zu ziehen, aber in diesem Fall musste ich nicht nähen. Ich kaufte ein neues, stabileres Lederband und ersetzte das alte. Danach begann ich damit eine dünne Perlenschicht auf die Vorderseite aufzunähen nur um dann meine Katzen in einem unbeachteten Moment damit beschäftigt zu sehen, diese wieder zu entfernen. Also entschied ich mich stattdessen ein (größeres) Muster aufzumalen. Ich habe noch nie auf Leder gemalt und bin mir nicht sicher, wie lange es halten wird, aber bisher sieht es gut aus ... :)


Die „Freilicht“-Bilder stammen aus South Burlington, auf und in der Nähe der Old Farm Road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

Die Datenschutzerklärung befindet sich oben im Header.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails