11/26/2011

My Advent wreath (2010) / Mein Adventskranz


After three years without an Advent wreath on my own, I found a four candle holder in the Thrift Store, last year. I didn’t thought that I would need it, because we have cats and I wouldn’t like to lit a candle on the table anyways (yes, they are that clumsy), but somehow it reminded me so much of Germany, that I had to take it home. 

Nach drei Jahren ohne Adventskranz fand ich im letzten Jahr zufällig einen 4-Kerzen Ständer im Second Hand Laden. Ich dachte nicht, daß ich diesen gebrauchen könnte, da unsere Katzen sehr ungeschickt sind und man eigentlich nur Kerzen in Haltern hoch an der Wand anzünden kann, aber irgendwie erinnerte es mich so an Deutschland, daß ich dieses Adventsgestell dennoch mit nach Hause nahm. 

As I didn’t even have candles at home, my Advent wreath started as a late-autumn decoration with pine cones and small parts of oak trees. 
Da ich nicht einmal Kerzen zu Hause hatte, begann mein Adventskranz als Spätherbst Dekoration mit Tannenzapfen und kleinen Eichenstückchen. 

The First Advent brought candles and a tiny little bit of evergreen. 
Der erste Advent kam mit Kerzen und dem ersten kleinen bißchen Tannengrün. 

My wreath developed further into a rather traditional form with lots of fir green and dried hydrangea flowers, which I found “flying” on the street. 
Mein Kranz entwickelte sich zu einer eher traditionellen, wenn auch nicht direkten Kranzform mit jeder Menge Tannengrün und getrockneten Hortensienblüten, die ich auf der Straße fand. 

The Second Advent brought additional lighting with the small electric lights, which also can be lit, when the cats are around. 
Zum zweiten Advent installierte ich eine kleine elektrische Lichterkette, die man auch mit den Katzen im Raum anschalten konnten. 

On the Third of Advent I couldn’t get enough candle-lights. 
Am dritten Advent bekam ich offenbar nicht genug vom Kerzenlicht. 

The fir green was unfortunately too dried out to survive until the Fourth Advent, but instead of evergreen a new inhabitant stole the show: meet Pete, the moose :) 
Das Tannen- und Fichtengrün überlebte leider nicht bis zum vierten Advent und verlor alle Nadeln. Stattdessen zog ein neuer Bewohner ein: Pete, der Elch :) 

I’m surely looking forward to see how (and if at all) my wreath will develop in this year’s season, as well :) 
Ich freue mich schon darauf zu sehen, wie (und ob überhaupt) sich mein Kranz in diesem Jahr entwickeln wird :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I went through the post I found it very informative and useful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

Die Datenschutzerklärung befindet sich oben im Header.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails